Municipal offices like police stations, administration buildings, public safety buildings, judicial centers and courthouses, and government data centers need specialized cleaning and a professional team that closely follows all confidentiality-related cleaning and disposal protocols. Cleaning a facility and office space like this should be done regularly to ensure a sanitary, safe, and professional space for both county or city residents and staff. Let’s take a look at what to plan for when determining what should be cleaned regularly in a municipal building.
Cleaning Checklist for a Municipal Building
In a municipal building, cleaning can often depend on the amount of traffic this space sees over a period of time. The cleaning can also vary depending on the time of year, events, and activities that are held in the space. There are a number of areas within a municipal building to incorporate into your cleaning checklist so everything gets covered on a regular basis.
- Restrooms Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms should be done regularly to prevent the spread of germs and provide a healthy restroom space. Care should be taken to check on these areas throughout the day and week to ensure a good level of cleanliness and safety is adhered to. Make sure the entire space including fixtures, countertops, handles, mirrors, and floors are cleaned. Air freshening and odor control can be worked into this space as well for a pleasant bathroom atmosphere.
- Kitchen and Break Rooms This is another area in your municipal building that needs regular cleaning attention. The amount of use your kitchen and break room get can dictate how much cleaning it undergoes. With daily use, they should receive daily cleaning and sanitizing or even cleaning throughout the day to ensure a sanitary environment and to avoid spreading any food-borne illnesses. Take care of sinks, countertops, tables and chairs, floors, and trash regularly, and clean out the fridge a couple of times throughout the month.
- Conference and Meeting Rooms When meetings or other forums with a lot of people take place at your municipal building, you will want to make sure these areas are not only sanitized but also vacuumed, dusted, and picked up to provide a comfortable and easily accessible space for your groups.
- Entryways These spaces in your municipal building will need dusting, vacuuming, shiny spot touch-ups like windows and chrome furniture, hard floor mopping, and trash removal. Debris on floors should be picked up, and footprints on tile and rugs should also be touched up throughout the day with an additional full cleaning daily or weekly depending on the amount of traffic it gets.
- Individual Municipal Offices Each office area will need to be looked after in regards to dusting, sanitizing high-touch areas including desks and door handles, trash removal, and vacuuming floors as necessary.
- Windows Regular quarterly cleaning for municipal building windows can be plenty. Touch-ups as needed during the week will keep your municipal office looking great.
- Carpet Cleaning Schedule regular cleanings of the carpets in your municipal government office space. Twice a year to once a quarter is often a good plan to stick with to keep your flooring investment looking good and lasting longer.
How Often Should a Municipal Office Space Be Cleaned?
A municipal office space can be cleaned anywhere from daily to weekly, or even monthly depending on the needs of the location, guests, and staff. If the location only receives a few visitors and has a small staff, daily touch-up cleaning can be enough, and you can leave a full cleaning to once a week or month if the space is used very minimally.
When You’re Ready for a Consistently-Clean Workplace
The easiest way to keep your municipal office clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your workspaces in your fitness and recreation centers, schools, healthcare facilities, churches, and many more work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!