As we all know from our own experiences, using a dirty bathroom can be an uncomfortable hassle. What most business owners forget is that a dirty restroom can give customers a lasting negative impression of your business. In fact, they may avoid your location altogether if they feel less clean after having come out of your bathroom. Unfortunately, business owners sometimes are so busy running their day-to-day operations that they stop ‘seeing’ just how dirty their bathrooms are. While some things – like a noticeable smell – are obvious, it’s important to consider all of the things customers notice most your restroom.
5 Things Customers Notice Most in your Restroom
- Clean Mirror Your mirrors cannot afford to be dirty. Customers often check their reflection as they wash their hands. This means there is no way for them not to notice if the mirrors are dirty or damaged. In addition to this being part of your bathroom checklist, a professional cleaning can help maintain a brilliant shine your customers will take note of.
- Clean Grout The grout in your bathroom may be something you don’t pay much attention to. Really, who has the time? It’s such a seemingly minor thing but customers notice if it looks aged or dirty. Having clean grout is a small thing that can have a big impact on what they think of your business.
- Restocked Consumables There is a reason Seinfeld did an episode about bathrooms that are out of toilet paper. It’s incredibly frustrating to use a facility only to find yourself without toilet paper, soap, or paper towels. Consumables that aren’t well stocked can leave a customer feeling annoyed at a minimum. It can also give the impression that you are not on top of things. Be sure everything is stocked regularly to keep customers happy.
- Splash Marks Near Toilets Everyone knows the toilet needs to be cleaned. However, some forget that the area around the toilet is just as important. Unfortunate splash marks can give the perception that your bathroom is unclean, and they can also leave an odor in your restroom.
- Maintained Fixtures There are any number of fixtures in your bathroom. From dispensers for paper towels and soap to light fixtures, it’s clear whether you are maintaining your facilities properly. Even things like hand dryers give a lasting impression of how well cared for your property is. Be sure things are cleaned well so they last long and look great.
Do your Restrooms Need Some Cleaning Help?
You work hard on your business; don’t let your bathrooms undermine all the work you do to help your customers. Be sure you regularly clean and maintain your bathrooms – or hire someone to do it for you – so that your customers remember your service, not the weird smell in your bathroom.
The easiest way to keep your workplace restrooms clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean restrooms and all kinds of work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!