Have you considered how frequently your workplace floors need cleaning? The best cleaning schedule to keep your floors clean will depend on a variety of circumstances. Factors like how busy your location is, if food is being prepared, and what kinds of impact weather has on your area are just a few considerations. To best answer this question, we’re delving into if workplace floors need daily cleaning.
Daily Floor Cleaning for your Workplace
The nature of your business has the largest impact on deciding if you should implement a comprehensive daily floor cleaning regimen.
- Consider the Volume of Foot Traffic Receiving a lot of clients, guests, or visitors to your workplace will inherently bring in a lot of dirt, debris, and maybe even moisture every day. In this case, daily, in-depth floor cleaning is a good idea. In contrast, if your foot traffic is typically fairly light, you could simply implement a daily vacuuming, sweeping or light mopping in the areas with the greatest use, and reduce the deep floor cleanings to a couple times a week.
- Food Prep If you are preparing food in your workplace, you might not have a lot of traffic in the space, but you will certainly have food debris, spills, and food remnants to address on a daily schedule. Possibly grease and oils, too.
- Dust, Debris, Hair If your business serves hair care clients, grooms pets, or consistently accumulates substantial dust and debris every day, implementing a daily complete floor cleaning process is essential.
- Healthcare Locations When a business involves caring for ill and infirm people, daily floor care will be important to prevent the spread of disease, prevent slips and falls, and present a healthy work environment for everyone.
- Childcare Similar to healthcare facilities, to keep childcare workplaces sanitary, moisture-free, and clean, a daily floor cleaning procedure should be established.
- Retail When a retailer needs to meet high standards of cleanliness, cleaning your workplace floors daily is a must. Keeping your space free of debris, dust, and footprints is not only hygienic and safe, but it’s also professional and presents a polished, distinguished business. People will enjoy the space and spend more time lingering in an environment like this.
Should We Clean Our Workplace Floors Every Day?
Floors in any business will get dirty. Figuring out whether to clean them daily or periodically throughout the week is the question.
3 Necessary Steps for Cleaning your Workplace Floors
- Vacuum or Dry Mop Can your floors be vacuumed or swept to remove debris and dirt first? If so, this might be all your floors need, especially with certain types of flooring. However, at businesses that involve food, moisture, and germs, a higher level of floor care should be implemented.
- Wet Mopping & Sanitizing Keep your floor space sanitary and looking its best with an overall mopping with appropriate cleaning solutions.
- Disinfecting If the presence of germs and the possibility of spreading disease are main factors with your business, disinfecting with a specialized solution and process is ideal.
No matter your specific workplace needs, your commercial cleaning team will be able to evaluate your space and give you the best options and advice for how to move forward with your floor cleaning.
Get a Quote for Floor Cleaning
When You’re Ready for Consistently-Clean Workplace Floors
The easiest way to keep your workplace floors clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the carpet and floor care services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your workspaces in your fitness and recreation centers, schools, healthcare facilities, churches, and many more work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!