Cleaning a child care establishment means cleaning, organizing, and sanitizing on a daily basis. When it comes to child care spaces, the cleaning should be top-notch and carried out often to avoid germs from spreading and messes turning into bigger problems. Not to mention you want a space that looks nice and inviting, and not unsightly or unsanitary from a parent perspective.
We think it’s important to cover the cleaning of certain areas in your child care facility on a daily basis and probably even throughout the day because dirty and messy always pops up.
Cleaning & Sanitizing Daily at Your Child Care Facility
Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaning at your Child Care Facility
The obvious areas you’ll want to cover often during your day and week are the bathrooms, the kitchen, and eating areas. There will, of course, be a lot of traffic, food, and little fingerprints to address, but keeping these areas well sanitized will prevent germs and illnesses from spreading.
Cleaning the Front Entrance of your Child Care Facility
The front entrance to your child care building will also see a lot of traffic and should be kept clean and orderly. Keeping this area picked up as well as keeping it dry will go a long way to prevent slips and falls. It should be vacuumed daily to keep the space looking nice. Also, consider using rugs to catch any moisture and dirt so it isn’t tracked throughout your facility. These rugs should be vacuumed often as well.
Important Areas To Clean Every Day in your Child Care Facility
The areas that might be less obvious for daily cleaning are what we want to focus on talking about now. These are the areas that get touched often but might get overlooked. These areas should be addressed daily to keep the appearance of your child care space looking good. And, to keep these spaces sanitary and germ-free.
1. Chairs and Table Legs Chairs and table legs might get overlooked when it comes to cleaning because they might seem clean and not show dirt and fingerprints as easy as other surfaces. But, little hands and probably mouths will touch or grab these areas throughout the day. Wipe these often to prevent the spread of germs and other contagions.
2. Windows and Ledges These glass and shiny areas get a lot of smudges and fingerprints all day. That means dirty and germs. Touch these up daily and give these a nice polish and give them a thorough cleaning once a week to keep them looking nice.
3. Floors These areas will see a lot of dropped food crumbs, foot traffic, and grime tracked in from outdoors. Vacuum tile and carpet to grab all this dirt and mop hard surface floors to clean up spills and maintain a nice appearance.
4. Cabinets Your cabinets are used and touched all day long. From little hands at the lower level to caretakers reaching for items above. These hard surfaces show dirty fingerprints and collect germs all day long. It’s important to tackle these spots to keep your child care cabinets sanitized and ready for the next day.
5. Toys and Playsets This might show some wear over time, but it might not look dirty every day. However, toys and playsets do collect germs as they are played with and dropped on the floor all day long. The plastic toys can easily be soaked or wiped with a bleach sanitizing solution. The wood and metal toys will clean up nicely with the same bleach solution or sanitizing wipes to make the process easy.
Complete Sanitizing of your Child Care Facility
With this thorough and complete sanitizing list for your child care facility, you can ensure a sanitary, safe, and pleasant environment for all the children to play and enjoy. Daily is the best way to tackle and maintain clean and professional conditions for this type of space. It’s important to consider and implement a regular cleaning schedule like this for your work and play space.
Call the Child Care Cleaning Professionals
The easiest way to do keep your child care facility clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to come and take care of the work for you. Let us do the cleaning and sanitizing your facility deserves.
Click here to learn more about our cleaning services for all your child care facility needs. Read more about our complete cleaning for your child care facility here and here. Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured and maintains OSHA compliance. We would be happy to clean it for you. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your questions and to schedule your janitorial cleaning appointment today!