Have you noticed your office or workplace floors starting to look dreary and lifeless? Over time, hardwood, vinyl, and tile finishes can show wear due to foot traffic and daily work tasks. Let’s review some simple tips to make your workplace floors shine and sparkle.
Simple Tips to Make Your Workplace Floors Shine and Sparkle
The amount of consistent traffic and overall use can help you determine how often to shine up your flooring. Thankfully, keeping your work floors looking good in the long run requires a couple steps.
- Cleaning The absolute first step to making your floors shine and sparkle is to thoroughly clean them. Cleaning them on a regular basis and at a proper frequency will prevent build-up, dirt and dust, scratches, and serious damage. Office and workplace floors can see a lot of dirt during a workday, so staying on top of floor cleaning will prove highly beneficial.
- Polishing The specific flooring surface you want to shine up will determine what type of cleaning and polishing solution you should use. Hardwood, vinyl, and tile floors can all be polished with certain floor shining solutions. It will require specific application pads and procedures.
How Can I Make My Dull Floors Look Better?
Maintaining hard flooring surfaces will go a long way to make your dull floors look better. Working with a regular care and cleaning schedule will prove valuable to the look of your floors while also improving their lifespan. Cleaning the surface of your floors often and properly polishing the finish as often as necessary will continue to make your floors look nice.
Cleaning and shining your floors will require a timeline that works in conjunction with the amount of activity that happens at your business.
What Polishes Floors the Best?
When it comes time to polish your floors so they shine, choosing the right solution or product is vital to preserving the nice appearance of the floor’s finish.
- Wood Floors Once this flooring is clean and dry, a specific wood floor polishing solution can be applied. The polish needs to be carefully applied with the correct tools and in an even layer. This type of polish shouldn’t be used as a cleaner or it can develop a build up or film. Also, make sure to apply only when necessary.
- Tile Floors This type of flooring might just need a deep cleaning to make it shine and sparkle nicely. Scrubbing grout and the tile surface well can make this surface shine beautifully. If the tile still needs a solution to make it shine more, tile gloss products or waxes can be applied.
- Vinyl Flooring Vinyl flooring might shine up nicely simply with a deep cleaning, much like tile. However, if it still shows wear and appears dull, there are a number of things that can perk up your flooring. A sealer can bring out the luster in vinyl floors and those come in a variety of finishes. A wax finish is also an option. It would need to be buffed to bring out the shine.
How Do You Make Your Floors Shine Again?
We find maintaining and cleaning floors is the best approach to nice-looking floors that shine for a long time. Preventing hard floor surfaces from becoming dull in the first place protects the finish and withstands scuffs, blemishes, and damage that can lead to a dull appearance.
When You’re Ready for Consistently-Clean and Polished Floors
The easiest way to keep your business floors clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to care for them. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click to learn more about the flooring services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your workspaces in most all work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!