We love to share about cleaning for your workplace and office areas. There are many workplace cleaning topics we could discuss, but one of our favorites is the areas in your business that need regular cleaning in order to keep your business looking professional. Some areas in your workplace are going to need more attention than others, and it’s perfectly acceptable to put those other areas on a cleaning rotation that isn’t cleaned as often. The important thing is you know which workplace spaces need regular cleaning.
Which Workplace Spaces Need Regular Cleaning?
- High Traffic Areas – Any and all high traffic areas need to be cleaned regularly and often. For example, if you have an entry lobby or front entrance that sees a lot of people coming and going throughout the day, this is an area that will need attention often. There will be dirt and moisture brought in from the outdoors, trash receptacles will fill up quickly, and handprints will leave their marks on glass in a high traffic area like this.
- Restrooms – Another area in need of regular cleaning is your restrooms. Restrooms contain moisture, bacteria, and germs that require a proper disinfection and sanitization cleaning routine.
- Food Prep Areas – Because of the heightened importance of proper sanitization and disinfection tasks due to it being food that’s being handled, any food prep area needs to have a regular cleaning schedule.
- Windows and Chrome – Shiny areas that see handprints, moisture, food splatters, and other types of environmental debris will show dirt and smudges quickly. These areas look their best when they continue to shine without smudges or grime built up on them.
- High-Touch Spots – Many areas in a workspace or commercial building such as health and child care facilities, restaurants and bars, fitness and recreation centers, and schools will see a lot of activity in this way. Places that are touched a lot will see germs, fingerprints, food, and dirt lingering on them. High-touch spots should be cleaned well. But they should also be polished and disinfected to prevent the spread of disease in the workplace.
How to Maintain Cleanliness and Sanitation in your Workspace
Maintaining a clean and sanitized work area can be a simple process. One basic approach is to have supplies on hand that are quick to access. Keeping these supplies stocked can prevent regular cleanings from being skipped. Products like window cleaners and disinfectants, plus cloth or paper towels and a vacuum, will go a long way to helping your staff keep and maintain a professional-looking work establishment.
Regular schedules are another good way to keep your place of business looking its best. Whether the cleaning schedule needs to be hourly, daily, or a couple of times a week, sticking with a regular schedule will prevent dirt from accumulating, your work location from looking bad, and ensure your work environment stays as healthy as possible.
Get a Quote to Clean your Workplace
When You’re Ready for a Consistently-Clean Workplace
The easiest way to keep your office or workplace clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your deep cleans. Click to learn more about our commercial cleaning services.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your space for you, including specialized floor stripping and sealing. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!