People leave home with the expectation of having a positive experience at every business they visit. If a customer is going to spend money with your business, they want to enjoy their time there. People simply don’t feel comfortable at a dirty business, they won’t want to return to one they know is always a mess, and likely will even tell their family and friends about their poor experience. So, how do you ensure that doesn’t happen to you and your business? Here is a cleaning checklist of 5 tips to avoid being a dirty business.
5 Tips to Avoid Being a Dirty Business: A Cleaning Checklist
- Clean Bathrooms are a Bare Minimum People simply will not tolerate a dirty bathroom. If your bathrooms aren’t clean, you are losing business. Keeping your bathrooms clean is the absolute bare minimum you need to do in order to be considered a clean business. It’s not enough to wipe down the counters before you open and assume things will stay clean. It’s important to check in on your restrooms multiple times a day. Deep cleaning can occur after hours but you should make sure that it’s occurring regularly.
- Baseboards, Picture Frames, and Light Fixtures It’s possible you’re so busy that you may not have the time to examine how clean – or dusty – smaller items are like your baseboards or picture frames. However, while your customers are browsing your store or waiting for you to complete their order, they do notice these things. Just because you don’t notice that your light fixtures have cobwebs on them doesn’t mean your customers don’t.
- Windows and Display Cases Need Regular Attention Your display cases exist specifically to highlight the great things you have to offer. If the items inside are dusty and uncared for, it gives customers the impression that your products are as well. Make sure you regularly take care of display cases. Windows also need regular attention so that your business can be seen in all its bright, sunshine-y glory.
- Sticky Floors Turn Customers Away If customers walk in the door and find their shoes sticking to the floor, it can give an instant impression that your business isn’t taken care of. Cleaning floors regularly and well makes a huge difference in whether your business is a place that people want to spend their time. No matter your business, your floors should be cleaned on a regular schedule. Spills can happen any time at any type of business, so the only way to make sure your customers won’t be stuck to the floor is with regular cleanings.
- Employee Uniforms Make an Impression, Too This is perhaps the most easy to overlook. If your employees wear uniforms, they can say a lot about your business. If the employees’ uniforms are stained or look otherwise unclean, customers may doubt your ability to take care of business. Make sure that uniforms are professionally-cleaned whenever possible. When not possible, make sure that uniforms are replaced when they’re stained or damaged beyond repair. No one really wants to repeatedly invest in uniforms but the cost is worth not losing future business over stains and rips.
When your Workplace Needs Better Cleanings
Keeping your business clean is important for a myriad of reasons. But there are some things that you just can’t overlook. Even if you’re not prepping foods and worrying about a health inspector, the level of cleanliness in your business can give customers an impression of your overall ability to do your job. Following this cleaning checklist helps you to take care of these things at a bare minimum to make sure that the impression your customers get is a good one.
The easiest way to keep your business clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean all of your workplace. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!