People leave their home to enjoy themselves. If they’re going to spend time and money visiting your business, they want to enjoy the experience. This is only one part of why it’s so important to keep your business spic and span. People don’t feel comfortable in a dirty business and they won’t want to return to one they know is always a mess.
If you’d like to avoid being a dirty business, here is a cleaning checklist of 5 things you absolutely must pay attention to in your business.
Business Cleaning Checklist: 5 Things You Must Clean
- Clean Bathrooms are a Bare Minimum People simply will not tolerate a dirty bathroom. If your bathrooms aren’t clean, you are losing business. Keeping your bathrooms clean is the absolute bare minimum you need to do in order to be considered a clean business. It’s not enough to wipe down the counters before you open and assume things will stay clean. It’s important to check in on your restrooms multiple times a day. Deep cleaning can occur after hours ” but you should make sure that it’s occurring regularly.
- Baseboards, Picture Frames and Light Fixtures Get noticed in running your day to day business, you may not have the time to examine your baseboards or picture frames. It’s possible you’re so busy that these things become easy to overlook. However, while your customers are browsing or waiting for you to complete their order, they do notice these things. Just because you don’t notice that your light fixtures have cobwebs on them doesn’t mean your customers don’t.
- Windows and Display Cases Need Regular Attention Your display cases exist specifically to highlight the great things you have to offer. If the items inside are dusty and uncared for, it gives customers the impression that your products are as well. Make sure you regularly take care of display cases. Windows also need regular attention so that your business can be seen in all its bright, sunshine-y glory.
- Sticky Floors Turn Customers Away If customers walk in the door and find their shoes sticking to the floor, it can give an instant impression that your business isn’t taken care of. Cleaning floors regularly and well makes a huge difference in whether your business is a place that people want to spend their time. No matter your business, your floors should be cleaned on a regular schedule. Spills can happen any time at any type of business ” the only way to make sure your customers won’t be stuck to the floor is with regular cleanings.
- Employee Uniforms Make an Impression Too This is perhaps the most easy to overlook. If your employees wear uniforms, they can say a lot about your business. If the employees’ uniforms are stained or look otherwise unclean, customers may doubt your ability to take care of business. Make sure that uniforms are professionally cleaned whenever possible. When not possible, make sure that uniforms are replaced when they’re stained or damaged beyond repair. No one really wants to repeatedly invest in uniforms but the cost is worth not losing future business over stains and rips.
Keeping your business clean is important for a myriad of reasons. But there are some things that you just can’t overlook. Even if you’re not prepping foods and worrying about a health inspector, the level of cleanliness in your business can give customers an impression of your overall ability to do your job. Following this cleaning checklist helps you to take care of these things at a bare minimum to make sure that the impression your customers get is a good one.