There are many reasons you might get slippery floors in your office lobby, bathroom, break room or in your warehouse. No one wants to slip and fall and, as a business owner, you want to do everything you can to minimize the chance of those events as well. We want to give you some helpful ideas on ways to avoid the chance for slips and falls in your workplace.
5 Ways to Reduce Slips on Work Floors
- The changing seasons can bring moisture into your work area. Trying to keep snow or rain from creating slippery floors is critical. Great ways to avoid these wet areas from occurring is to supply rugs in a variety of places, like front and back doors as well as hallways leading away from entrances.
Moisture can accumulate in areas around sinks and trash spaces, which can lead to slips and falls. A great way to prevent this to address any water or spills as they happen. Provide signage that can be set out in areas that have been cleaned up or are wet to alert those walking through that area.
- If cooking or food spills happen in your break room, take time to clean them right with some soapy water or other floor cleaner, so the residue doesn’t leave behind anything to slip on (or stick to).
- Toilets can create a floor mess of their own. Whether it’s because it’s a heavy traffic area or maybe you have a leak that has gone undetected. Reviewing this area on a regular basis can help avoid any problems on the floors that might spread to the rest of your restroom and cause slipping.
- This tip is especially for car dealerships, or anywhere there might be oils and solvents in use. While it is especially important to clean up any spills and drips from these types of splashes and splatters, consider shop pads and towels at all workstations to keep messes in check throughout the day.
Drips, leaks and other water accumulation can be a nuisance and sometimes it’s going to be unavoidable. The key is to keep an eye out and watch over areas that have a high tendency to get messy. And, while wet floors must be tended to and addressed, if left neglected, could be a safety or building hazard– and nobody wants that.
Make Floor Clean Up Easy
To make floor cleaning easy and accessible make sure to provide plenty of supplies on hand and easy to get at that make tending to spills a breeze:
- Slip resistant rugs and runners
- Paper towels, mops and extra absorbent types of clean up pads or compounds
- Soap or floor cleaning solutions
- Easy to use wet floor signs
- And, consider a schedule or policy where everyone chips in to keep spills to a minimum
Get Some Help from a Commercial Cleaning Team
In addition to having a regular janitorial crew come in to keep your floors looking their best, a day porter might be a good fit for your business. Whether it’s an office space, school, church or bank, we can help you stay on top of any messes you might have had throughout the day. Let us be your method for keeping your workplace clean!
We would be delighted to take care of cleaning your entire office and make your customers and staff happy! Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your questions and schedule a walk-through of your facility today!