Ok, maybe we don’t even want to think about it. We certainly don’t want to discuss it. And, maybe we don’t want to admit it! However, we need to.
In order to deal with germs in the workplace and stay on top of them, we have to talk about it. We are going to tell you where the germiest places are… in your office!
The Germiest Spots at the Office
Office spaces are high traffic areas. People coming and going. Delivery people, customers, staff and other building personnel have the potential to bring in lots of germs from numerous locations and track them throughout your office.
- Office Equipment: Germs get left on all sorts of equipment like desks, computer keyboards, phones, copiers and fax machines along with the refrigerator and coffee machine.
- Bathrooms: Grime builds up on the floor and walls around the toilet, handles on the sinks, plus doors and, of course, toilets.
- Office Lobbies: Contaminants can be found on arms of chairs and other furniture, not to mention handles on doors.
A study from WebMD turned up the germiest places in an office space:
- break room sink faucet handles
- microwave door handles
- refrigerator door handles
- water fountain buttons
- vending machine buttons
How to Tackle the Germs in your Office
Regular cleaning is the best way to conquer these germs. While the obvious places like the kitchen and the restrooms might get repeat attention, it’s important to remember the rest of the office in your consistent cleaning schedule. Contamination can spread easily from place to place, especially if not addressed on a regular basis. What can be done to help keep your office tidy and germ free?
- Keeping restrooms clean and germ-free while making sure supplies are available and stocked up will help provide a hygienic restroom environment.
- Provide sanitizer in various places around your office and work kitchen space. Germy hands and fingers spread most of the grime around to these office areas. If you can stop the germs at the source, you’ll help relieve some of the transmission of bacteria between these common areas.
- Provide sanitizing wipes at all workstations for quick germ eliminating touch ups.
- Have a regularly-scheduled cleaning staff provide thorough cleaning and sanitizing in your office space.
In the end, it’s not a matter of where is the germiest place in the office… it’s about keeping your entire working environment as germ-free as you can. Providing the right cleaning and hygiene supplies will help with the everyday touch ups and help to prevent the spread of daily germs. In addition, a professional cleaning service will help keep your offices and work spaces continually looking great and in their best condition.
Having a clean work environment will encourage a happier, more productive staff as well. Customers and vendors appreciate, too. You can’t go wrong by promoting germ-free surroundings for everyone. Let us take care of cleaning your entire office and help you keep the germs at bay.