You may run a daycare, car dealership, retail store, or an office. Chances are, if you are a business owner or property manager, you understand that more people in and out of your space every day means more germs. On top of hoping most people practice good hygiene like washing hands and covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing, it’s also important to make sure you are having your business cleaned in ways that will prevent the spread of illness. Thinking about where germs may loom isn’t fun, but staying on top of cleaning and sanitizing high traffic, communal areas can help keep everyone healthier. Here is a list of what to clean to prevent illness at work.
What to Clean to Prevent Illness at Work
- Bathrooms sinks, toilets, and countertops. Yep, all 3 are some of the germiest places you encounter. Also, these areas attract splashing, so bathroom floors are important, too.
- Keep light switches, door knobs and door handles sanitized. If hands are touching it, you know they are spreading germs.
- Stay on top of break room cleaning. Make sure to wash dishes with hot water and soap. The coffee pot, too.
- Kitchen sink countertop areas. Much like bathroom countertops, your kitchen or break room counters see lots of hands and spills, and also get exposed to dropped food and drinks.
- Office common areas attract touching and fingerprints, and are usually the place you welcome visitors.
- Sanitize desktops, drawer handles, phones, registers, computer mice and keyboards. Your employees are in your place of business for at least 8 hours a day, and if customers visit your business, they are in and out for every hour you are open.
In addition to cleaning, it’s a great idea to also…
- Keep sanitizer in strategic places: desks, countertops, register or check-in area, kitchens and break rooms.
- Supply disinfecting hand wipes and counter sanitizing wipes at all washing stations.
- Keep the soap dispensers filled so they will be used often.
- Consider automatic paper hand towel dispensers and automatic hand soap dispensers to help keep washrooms tidy and prevent the spread of germs.
- Remember to keep tissue on hand as well.
- Posting a few signs near your wash areas can help as a reminder to fellow coworkers to always use these tactics can help keep flu bugs and germs from sticking around.
Let’s Do All We Can to Prevent Illness at Work
Colds, flu and other sicknesses are inevitable with your employees and colleagues. Approaching your cleaning tasks in these ways can help illness from spreading around and keep people happy and productive.
It’s not just dirt and grime that we tackle! If germs are your concern, call on us to keep everything clean and sanitized for better health! You can contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your questions.