A visibly-clean and fresh-smelling bar or tavern is a perfect way to attract new customers and gain great reviews online. Cleaning is one of the top expectations your customers have. A dirty, stinky, or sticky bar portrays a business that doesn’t care or isn’t professional, and leads to questions about how well the bar or tavern is run. This is why proper cleaning of a bar is very important.
The Importance of Keeping your Bar or Tavern Properly Clean
Cleanliness in any food or drink establishment is held in high regard and should not be dismissed or delayed. Reasons to keep your bar clean vary from making customers happy, keeping patrons and employees healthy, and maintaining a trust for your business. Other reasons range from food and building safety to the overall appearance of your bar or tavern.
Let’s talk about these a bit more.
- Customer happiness – Customers expect a clean and well-kept food and drink establishment when they visit. A bar that is sticky, dirty, and dusty is unpleasant for everyone.
- Food safety – Germs and pathogens must be kept to an absolute minimum at a business serving food and drink, and cleaning to avoid the spread of these microbes should be addressed often and throughout each day your bar or tavern operates.
- Bar safety – Staying on top of debris, spills, dirt, and clutter will help prevent mold, slips and falls, and provide clear access to exits as necessary.
- Ratings – Customers who love your business will tell people. They will do the same if they feel the opposite. Making your customers happy will lead to higher ratings in the long run.
Why is Cleanliness Important in a Bar or Tavern?
Cleanliness is one of the first things people notice about a drink or food establishment. Dirt and grime will make customers second guess whether they should visit or not.
Avoiding spreading germs and doing what you can to prevent illness are the biggest reasons to keep a bar clean. Staying on top of machine and equipment cleanliness will provide good assurance of this. Using proper solutions like bleach, hot water, and even electrostatic disinfecting can be great options to keep a bar or tavern sanitary.
Periodic cleaning throughout the workday in bathrooms, kitchens, and entrances also goes a long way to preventing germ transmission and illness. Keeping these places sanitized improves the quality of your business’ customer service experience. Cleaning doors and windows, picking up debris and trash, and vacuuming as necessary helps keep a bar clean overall.
How Do You Properly Clean A Bar?
Every area of a bar should be cleaned often and regularly. We mentioned regular cleanup during the day, but a scheduled cleaning should also be done at the end of each workday as well.
- Disinfect kitchens, food and drink prep area, bathrooms, and drinking and eating areas
- Vacuum carpets and rugs, sanitize tile floors, properly mop hardwood
- Dust hard surfaces and polish chrome finishes
- Shine entry windows and mirrors
- Empty trash bins
- Organize and clean up clutter
Keeping a steady cleaning schedule will be a considerable part of keeping a bar clean and patrons happy.
When You’re Ready for a Consistently-Clean Bar or Tavern
The easiest way to keep your office, retail business, and workspace clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your workspaces in your fitness and recreation centers, schools, healthcare facilities, churches, and many more work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!