If you run a business that has many employees or customers in your facility on a daily basis, you might want to consider a day porter to keep your workplace tidy and clean. A day porter, or janitor, takes care of regular cleaning and maintenance activities throughout the day. Rather than waiting for nighttime to do a massive cleaning, the cleaning and maintenance tasks are ongoing to keep up with the level of traffic throughout the day. If you’re not sure the best way to maintain your workplace throughout the day, here are 6 good reasons you need a day porter to keep your business in top shape.
6 Reasons you Need a Day Porter
- High Traffic If you have many people using your bathrooms and walking your halls throughout the day, you likely need a day porter. Whether those people are employees or customers, it’s unlikely that a night time cleaning will keep your facility as clean as it needs to be during your regular business hours.
- Health Regulations If there are specific health codes your facility must meet, a day porter can help you keep on top of them. This can apply to a number of facilities including schools and health services. Meeting these health codes is often necessary to stay in business, and a daily janitorial service can make sure you meet all health regulations.
- Public Spaces Likewise, there are some public spaces that benefit from daytime porters. Even though you may not have strict health regulations, if you run public spaces like museums, transportation stations or malls, the public expects your facilities to be clean. Otherwise, they may decide not to return. Keep your spaces clean by employing more than just a night time staff; have someone there to maintain a clean space throughout the day.
- Image Maintenance If you run a business that needs to keep a polished image – like a legal or investment firm – making sure your space is clean is a must. You want to put your best foot forward, no matter who may drop by at any time. Hiring a day porter can help you focus on your business while they focus on your business’ image.
- 24 Hour Facilities If your business never closes, it’s not possible to keep cleanings to off hours like overnight. Instead, employ someone who can help you keep things clean while the most people are there. Make sure when the highest traffic comes through your door, you have someone on staff to help manage the accompanying mess.
- High Security Clearance In some high security businesses, there are regulations that state that no one can be in the building unsupervised. This can wreak havoc on night time cleaning schedules. Allowing cleaning to still get done while adhering to the strictest security standards is one of the reasons you need a day porter.
When a Day Porter is the Right Fit for your Cleaning Needs
The easiest way to keep your business clean on a regular basis is to hire a day porter. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the day porter services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean all of your workplace. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized cleaning estimate today!