In an office or workplace, restrooms can be left messy and dirty by the end of the day. From trash or toilet paper on the floor to water accumulation on counters, plus germs on almost every surface, a workplace bathroom can need a lot of cleaning on a daily basis. Are you fully aware of what lingers in workplace bathrooms and how to keep your bathrooms both clean and disinfected? Let’s take a look.
What Lingers in Workplace Bathrooms
Cleaning your office or workplace bathrooms can help your business look professional and prevent the spread of germs and illnesses. Cleaning during the day for maintenance purposes includes tasks like picking up, wiping up, and refilling supplies as necessary.
- Trash – Trash and debris can certainly linger in bathroom stalls, around sinks, and trash cans. Picking up can instantly help your restroom look better and prevent slips.
- Disinfecting – Germs are another offender that can linger in a bathroom. Wiping and disinfecting places that are touched repeatedly throughout the day can discourage the spread of illness and disease. For example, door handles, soap dispensers, faucets, toilets, and paper towel dispenser levers.
- Water and Moisture – Cleaning up water and moisture around sinks and on floors not only helps prevent slips and falls, but keeps away mold and musty smells, too. Keeping bathrooms as dry as possible is important to avoid these conditions. Running the restroom fans can be a great help if you run a gym or other fitness facility with a pool.
- Odors – Odors can certainly linger in restrooms. Following the steps above can help prevent nasty smells from hanging around. A disinfecting air spray can eliminate any persistent bathroom smells and prevent odors from lingering.
- Restocking – Having soap and paper towels fully stocked up will help prevent the spread of illness and keep water drips off the floor and counters.
Bathroom Germs and Bacteria
Germs and bacteria like streptococcus, staphylococcus, and E. coli are some of the top contaminants that can linger in a bathroom. Disinfectants used properly will significantly aid in eliminating these types of harmful germs, and provide a safe and hygienic restroom. These bacteria are usually seen on floor areas, handles, and other high-touch places. Following the steps above will go a long way to removing these germs.
When You’re Ready for a Consistently-Clean Workplace Bathroom
The easiest way to keep your workplace bathrooms clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your restrooms and most any work environment. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!