You’re striving to run a profitable business, so it’s understandable that you’re concerned about your bottom line and the many costs associated with running the business. Some businesses may try to save some money by not outsourcing things like commercial cleaning. However, whether your business is new or well established, it’s imperative that it is cleaned properly in order to keep your employees and customers happy, healthy, and holding a positive impression of the company. Today we’re taking a look at the five signs it’s time to outsource commercial cleaning.
5 Signs It’s Time to Outsource Commercial Cleaning
If you’re not sure if it’s time to outsource your janitorial services, here are a few important indicators:
- Cleaning is Last on Your To Do List At the end of the day, you (and your employees) are likely tired from a hard day’s work. If you’ve left all the cleaning tasks until the end of the day, odds are you’re dreading cleaning, and just ready to go home. And that means the cleaning either doesn’t get done at all, or gets done but not very thoroughly. If business is booming to the extent that you don’t have time to pick up your workplace between one task and the next, chances are it’s time to take cleaning off you and your employees’ To Do list.
- You Do Not Have a Cleaning Checklist We all know the old adage ‘out of sight, out of mind’. Perhaps nowhere is this more true than when it comes to cleaning. Ceiling fans, high shelves, the tops of pictures frames, and other areas that we don’t scrutinize often can easily be overlooked. If you don’t have a checklist indicating what needs to be cleaned and when, then chances are you’re missing things.
- Employees Don’t Take Time to Clean Up Let’s face it: your employees are not professionally-trained for cleaning. Often, employees are eager to get out the door at the end of the work day. If they don’t take time to adequately clean up after themselves, it’s easy for grime to build up. Even if they try to be diligent, it’s unlikely that they are cleaning and sanitizing all the surfaces they need to in order to keep business running optimally. Without professional training, it’s difficult to ensure the job is done well.
- Customer Traffic Drops Steadily for No Apparent Reason If business is tapering off and nothing has changed with your pricing, products or services, or management, it’s time to look around. People are unlikely to continue to frequent an establishment that is lacking in cleanliness. First impressions matter and while you might not always notice dirty carpets, scuffed floors, dingy windows, and dusty surfaces, your customers will. If sales and foot traffic are dropping, it’s possible that taking your workplace cleaning up a notch might be worthwhile.
- People Make Comments on Cleanliness If people are making comments on your cleanliness or lack thereof, it’s really time to outsource your cleaning. This is a major red flag. Luckily, a professional cleaning team can make things spic and span in no time.
When you Decide It’s Time to Outsource the Cleaning of your Workplace
Cleanliness is a key factor in any business, no matter your industry. Clean spaces are relaxing, healthy, and create a calm environment for people to conduct business. If you’re interested in learning more about our commercial janitorial services, we’re here to help.
The easiest way to keep your business clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your office, car dealerships, construction sites, medical offices, and many more work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!