A sports complex sees lots of traffic concentrated during specific windows of time. Depending on the type of sports complex you manage, there might be large groups of people visiting on an infrequent basis, routinely, or even daily. Often your sports complex will need thorough cleanings throughout the day of an event to maintain the general state of the facility as well as more comprehensive cleanings routinely throughout the month and year. Here are 6 areas to keep clean in a sports complex.
6 Areas to Keep Clean in a Sports Complex
A number of areas in the sports complex should be taken care of routinely throughout the day when the complex is busy. When the complex is quieter, additional cleaning tasks can be rotated in or added to the end of the cleaning and maintenance list, as appropriate.
- Complex Entrances The main entrance to the sports facility will see the most traffic and need attention most often. From vacuuming, dusting, polishing, sanitizing, and emptying trash, you want the entrance points of your sports complex to look their best.
- Restrooms and Locker Rooms These areas tend to need a lot of attention when a sports complex is busy. Keep the cleaning of your restrooms and team locker rooms at the top of the regular cleaning schedule. From trash pick up to disinfecting and shining up these spaces, cleaning your restrooms and locker rooms often will prevent illness and bacteria while contributing to the high reputation you have been known for in your industry.
- Main Facility Areas Seating areas, game and court areas, and other public spaces within your sports complex need cleaning and picking up often as well. If there is an event going on, more cleaning will be needed. Having a commercial cleaning team on hand during this time will be especially beneficial to keeping these spaces looking their best. Trash and debris will need to be picked up, spills quickly cleaned up, and overall sprucing up is important.
- Conference Areas Having meetings, conferences and gatherings will make general conference and reception areas top locations for cleaning and monitoring. If these areas aren’t used often they can be worked in as necessary.
- Receiving Desks When people visit a sports complex, they need to do things like buy tickets, ask questions, and shop merchandise, so these spots will also see a lot of traffic during events. Wiping, dusting, shining, and disinfecting throughout the work day and as needed on separate special occasions will keep these space looking nice.
- Kitchen Facilities Eating and food preparation areas in a sports complex should not be overlooked and left to the cooking staff or users of this spot. Kitchen spaces should be well-cleaned and disinfected to avoid moisture build-up, food-borne illness, and proper handling for in-depth cleaning.
How to Best Maintain a Clean Sports Complex
A sports complex will need routine cleaning and maintenance to provide a professional appearance, as well as disinfecting key areas of the facility like the locker rooms. From the front end of the sports facility to the back end areas, a commercial cleaning schedule should be designed to cover all the necessary areas.
Whether cleaning takes place throughout the day or once a week, schedule your cleaning service ahead to properly cover all occasions and events on the calendar.
When You Need a Consistently-Clean Sports Complex
The easiest way to keep your sports complex clean on a regular basis is to hire a professional team to clean. Let us do the cleaning work for you – either on a regular schedule or for your one-time cleans. Click here to learn more about the janitorial services we can help you with.
Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured, and maintains OSHA compliance. We are happy to clean your workspaces in your fitness and recreation centers, schools, healthcare facilities, churches, and many more work environments. Please contact us online or call us at 571.451.0441 for answers to your cleaning questions and to schedule your personalized janitorial cleaning estimate today!