You’ve decided to host an office party for the holidays! It’s fun to celebrate this time of year, and company parties add to co-worker camaraderie, but hosting a holiday party also means lots of planning, cleaning, and ordering supplies.
There is a lot to organize when you throw a party. And, while we can’t plan the food and festivities for you, we can certainly help you layout your set up and cleaning plans. We have some guidelines for your party prep and for the clean up after. Once you’ve laid these out, all that’s left to do is have fun!
Holiday Office Party Prep and Cleanup
Office Party Preliminaries
Let’s first focus on what to take care of before your party.
1. Organizing Your Party Team Who is going to be in charge of the setup and who is going to be in charge of the clean up after? Consider starting a chart to keep your plans and party team organized.
2. Location of Your Office Party Where in your office will your party be held? In the main lobby area? Or maybe in a conference room that will hold a large number of people? Consider a space where you can layout a considerable amount of food as well as an area where people can eat and maybe even get a little messy.
3. Pre-Office Party Cleaning All your usual common areas should be addressed prior to your party: restrooms, front lobby, offices picked up, kitchen and eating areas cleaned as well as floors vacuumed and mopped, and windows and mirrors polished to eliminate finger marks and smudges. Consider laying out fresh rugs if the weather is wet or snowy, and have a place for people to leave wet boots and coats at the entrance to the office.
4. Office Party Set Up While you’ll want to decorate and move around furniture to make room for your office party, you’ll also want to think about ideas to keep your party area clean throughout the event. One way to do that is to have a variety of trash receptacles set up throughout the party area. This makes it easy for people to toss used items and keep debris from piling up on tables and countertops.
Keep your restrooms and kitchen areas stocked with new supplies for easy cleanup and refilling. And, you might also consider assigning someone to patrol the office party area once in a while to address messes, restroom pick up, and taking out the trash bins as they get full.
After Your Holiday Office Party
Your office party was a hit and everyone had fun. Now let’s talk about clean up!
1. Your Team This office party crew will be essential to make sure everything gets cleaned up and brought back to a usable office space in a timely manner. They can initiate the tasks and also make sure they are completed so your space is back to normal quickly.
2. Post-Party Cleaning Tasks While there was a thorough cleaning through the common areas before your party, a good detail cleaning might be necessary to remove any office party odds and ends afterwards. Vacuuming and trash will be at the top of this cleanup list. Office party-goers can track food and debris in areas that normally aren’t used for eating, so consider looking around the entire office space for food and trash left behind, even if these areas weren’t designated for the festivities. Plan to wipe down any flat surfaces as food and drinks are sure to have left their mark on tables and desks.
3. Leftovers Either send leftover goodies home with the office party guests or place them in the fridge. If the office is closed down for a period of time after the party, consider donating leftover food or tossing what can’t be given to the party attendees. Food left in the fridge over an extended holiday or long weekend will just turn into a mess, so it’s best to handle it before that.
We Love a Good Party
This list should help get your party moving in the right direction! But, you might want to hand off the work to someone who specializes in party set up and after-party cleaning. The easiest way to do this is to hire a professional cleaning team to come and clean your facility. The cleaning staff should be educated on any special sanitizing needs, procedures, and requirements that are involved with having a presence in your office building. Hire us to clean up before and after your holiday parties.
We at Clean Method provide this type of professional cleaning service. Click here to learn more about our cleaning services for all your commercial and office building needs. Our professional cleaning staff is bonded, insured and maintains OSHA compliance. We would be happy to clean it for you. Please contact us online or call us at 571.384.3415 for answers to your questions and to schedule your janitorial cleaning appointment today!